Wednesday, May 25, 2016

This P-Day Is Much Needed!


May 24, 2016


Dear Family & Friends,


This P-Day is much needed! Haha it was a great week but it by far the busiest one I have had on my mission. I had no idea how much actually goes into the transfer process. Companionships, housing, cars, departing and incoming missionaries, transfer meeting, trainers meeting, everything. It was a great experience being a part of it this past week. It was awesome to be able to spend a lot of time with President and Sister Jardine. It's a unique opportunity to be able to work so closely with them and be in their home several times a week. I'm grateful I get to learn and grow from their example. Transfers all came together in the end so that was good. Glad they are over and we will do it all again here in 5 weeks. Haha.


Elder Greenwood and Elder Robison are great companions. I'm trying to get caught up with them because they have been together for a while and they know the ins and outs of the mission office. It's all good though I'm learning a little more each day.
Went to a baptism this week in the zone
We actually have a few baptisms coming up this week. Megan and Ron Kelly. They are so awesome and prepared. Ron is 8 and Megan is his mom. We meet with them several times a week. Megan passed her baptismal interview and we will do Ron's tonight. We are also teaching a young kid named jack. He is 9 and goes to school with Ron. He is planning on being baptized this weekend as well but has had some opposition from some of his extended family that is making it a little more difficult. Hoping that all goes well with them this week so please keep them in your prayers.


I think one of the coolest experiences I had this week was going to drop off the departing missionaries and picking up the new ones. It was crazy to be there and think I am not too far away from that. Made me appreciate the time that I do have left a lot more. It was pretty crazy looking at that new missionaries and thinking back to when I came in. I've changed so much through the experiences I have been able to have.


Living the gospel of Jesus Christ really does make a difference and that's where the real growth is.


Love you all!


-Elder Gammell
Coloma Trip

Serving dinner to the departing missionaries




No comments:

Post a Comment