Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Got Called To Be An Assistant

My new companions
Elder Greenwood and Elder Robison
May 16, 2016


Hey everyone,


It was a great week. A lot has changed since last week to say the least. Well I guess to start off I am no longer serving in Elk Grove with Elder Campbell. On Friday morning we had a specialized training with President and Sister Jardine and the assistants. After the training Elder Campbell and I were heading out the door and President asked if he could meet with the two of us individually. He talked to Elder Campbell first, then he called me in. We talked for just a minute and then he extended a call to me to be one of his assistants. I accepted the call so now I am serving in Carmichael again with Elder Robison and Elder Greenwood. Haha it's been pretty crazy. Definitely a huge mix of emotions. They just picked me up last night and started showing me how everything works in the office. We have a really big week coming up with transfers. We will also be giving several trainings to new missionaries and trainers. I'm really excited and a bit nervous. I know the Lord qualifies those he calls so I know he will be helping me out.
Kieran Williams Baptism May 15, 2016
Keiran Williams got baptized on Sunday night!!! He was one of the people I was teaching the entire time I was in the Sac 1st Ward. It was so awesome to see him and their family. I have missed going over and seeing them. The baptism was great! A lot of their extended family was there so it was a really special moment for all of them. His decision to be baptized will bring so many blessings to their family. So that was awesome!


Just found out that Jill, the person we baptized in Carmichael, just passed away this weekend. I couldn't believe it. I guess she was going great and had an unexpected stroke and that was it. She went to the temple just a couple weeks earlier and got her patriarchal blessing. She was really big into family history and it was kind of cool to hear that once she got baptized she just couldn't get any further with her genealogy. She took quite a few names to the temple last week so I guess she accomplished the work that Heavenly Father needed her to. Now she gets to go and do some more work on the other side of the veil. So grateful I got to be a part of her conversion. It will be cool to see her again someday.
Saying bye to the McCrerys


Something that I gained a testimony of this past week is how much God truly does love us. He knows each of us and He is there especially when we are going through trials and challenges if we let him. We don't have to carry our load by ourselves. We can have peace and comfort in knowing that we have a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ on our side.


D&C 68:5-6.


"5 Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants.


6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."


Love each of you! Hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Gammell
Played some basketball up in Folsom today May 16, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment