Monday, May 2, 2016

We Were Really Busy This Past Week

May 2, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

We were really busy this past week. A lot of really good things happening here in Elk Grove. Elder Campbell and I are working really hard and it is paying off. I finally got my bike fixed this week!!! I was waiting for that thing for a while now. It felt good to get out and bike around. Seems like we are able to talk to so many more people when we are out on the streets instead of driving around. We cover a huge area so we need to be in the car quite a bit so it was nice to spend some time outside this week.
We are having a lot of success here as a zone. There were 9 baptisms this month, which is really good! We set a goal of 5 at the beginning of the month and ended up passing it. Then we reset our goal to 9. We fasted and prayed for each others investigators and it provided miracles for us. Almost every person that was on date at the beginning of the month got baptized. That hardly ever happens so it really was a miracle. I love the zone and all the missionaries I am serving around. It's different from any other zone I have served in. A lot of good work getting done.

I was able to go on several exchanges this week. I went back to Carmichael with Elder Greenwood on Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a really good time. Then I was able to go into the Spanish area here in Elk Grove with Elder Padilla. My Spanish was a little rusty because I haven't been able to use it very much lately. It's all good though. I miss Spanish work sometimes so it is always fun to go back during exchanges.

Elder Campbell and I added a ton of new investigators this week. But they weren't YSA so we referred them off. haha. We like doing that though because we know that if we are helping the other missionaries out then the Lord will prepare someone for us as well.

I am really excited for the upcoming week and I know there are big things in store for us. I am also really excited for Mother's Day next week. haha. Last time calling home :/ Pretty hard to believe.

Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment