Monday, April 11, 2016

I Got Transferred To Elk Grove

Elder Hafen and Elder Richie at transfers.
April 11, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

Well it was a great week. I can't even begin to write about all that happened but I'll try to hit a few of the highlights.

I was able to go on several exchanges in the Spanish area this week with Elder Bingham and Elder Easthope. It was great to go back and use my Spanish for a few days. It's crazy how hard it is to speak Spanish when I haven't in awhile. It's all still there, I just had to think a little harder about everything I said. Anyways, it was really cool and we were able to meet some really solid people. Hoping that the Spanish elders will be able to go back and teach them again.

4lbs of chile on rice.
We had a really amazing experience with a few of the members in our Ward. I don't have time this week to write it all out but I will try to send it next week.

Paul got confirmed this week in sacrament meeting. He asked me to do the confirmation so it was really neat. I haven't done a confirmation since I served in Lodi. It was nice to do it in English this time haha. Paul felt the spirit very strong and so did we. He was pretty excited to be called Brother Tobias now. He's a great guy.

A part member family that we have been working with for the entire time that I have been in the Sacramento zone finally came to church on Sunday! It was so cool to see them there. Unfortunately the kids weren't able to come but LJ and Laura were there. They really enjoyed it and they were excited to go home and tell the kids about how much they liked it. I'm really hoping the kids will be able to come this next week.

So we got our transfer calls this week. I got transferred and I am now serving in Elk Grove. I haven't been out here my whole mission so I was really excited. My new companion is Elder Campbell. Haha people are already having a hard time with our names being so similar, including us. We will get used to it though. Elder Campbell is from Bountiful, UT. He's been out just almost 21 months. He's a great Elder. I have already learned a lot from him. He's carries a strong spirit with him and he's easy to work with. He really likes music and he's super good at the piano. I can already tell we are going to see some great things happen this transfer. I received a powerful confirmation this weekend that this is right where I need to be at this point in my mission. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store these next 6 weeks.

I love all of you and hope you have a great week!

-Elder Gammell
Zone bowling last week for p-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment