Monday, April 4, 2016

Paul Got Baptized This Week!

Paul Tobias Baptism
April 4, 2016

Hey everyone,


Paul got baptized this week! It was a great experience! He really enjoyed it and the spirit was strong. He couldn't stop talking about how peaceful and calm he felt through the entire baptism. The talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost really hit him hard. I'll never forget walking down into the water with him and just the feeling of pure joy for him. It was such a testimony builder for me to be able to see this entire process with him. He just made the best decision of his life this week and I'm glad I was able to be a part of helping him to make that decision. It's pretty hard to describe the happiness that I got to feel this week. And the greatest part is that it doesn't stop there. There will always be more right around the corner.

We were able to do a zone training this week. It went really well. It blows me away how fast a 2 hour meeting goes when you spend so much time preparing for it. It's cool to see how everything all comes together during the meeting. The spirit was very strong there as we talked about how we could become more diligent missionaries. We did a lot of reflecting on our mission experiences. I know we all left with a renewed desire to work our hardest while we are out here. Now we just need to keep the ball rolling in the right direction.
Missionary Leadership Council - March 2016
General conference was so good! There were so many great talks! My favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday Morning Session. It was good to hear from Thomas S. Monson as well. It's sad to see him aging so fast and even though his talks were short, they were so powerful. I know he is still receiving divine instruction from our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is God's prophet here on the earth today. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of conference and I'm glad I get to use what I learned right away.

It was such a great week and it's pretty hard to put it all into words. So glad I get to be out here on a mission. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it works! The opportunity I have to change each day and become better is an amazing blessing. I know God is molding me and chiseling away my imperfections to help me become who he needs me to be. Jesus Christ lives and he is my Savior. Because of Him, all of this is possible. And for that I will always be grateful.

Love,

Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment