Monday, April 13, 2015

We Had A Ton Of Great Miracles Coming Our Way This Past Week

April 13, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

We had a ton of great miracles coming our way this past week. Our hard work is paying off. We have some really solid investigators. They are really close to getting baptized just need a little push you know ;) We are working on it though.

We are teaching an old lady named Graciela. She is 83 years old. It is funny she always cooks for us and loves when we come over. She knows it is true just is really nervous about accepting a baptismal date. The other day Elder Ward and I were on splits because he had a meeting somewhere else.  So I was with the English elders for the day. We went to visit her so my Spanish got tested because she knows NO English hah. It went great though.  I was able to understand everything she said and I talked to her the whole time. I love speaking Spanish. I just got to keep getting better and better.
I still have days where I feel like I forget like all of it hah. Then there are days where I'm like wow I'm fluent. Hah.

Yesterday I was able to give a priesthood blessing to one of the Elders here. He was running a fever of 103. We went over and gave the blessing. Then we went back and changed because we had to go do some service. And on the way they texted us and told us that his fever was back down to 99. Elder Ward and I were like wow that was fast hah. The power of the Priesthood is real.

It is cool to hear about everyone getting his or her mission calls back home. It feels like I just opened my call and now I have been out for 5 months!! My mission has blessed my life so much. I can't believe how much I have grown in such little time. It really is amazing. My testimony of this gospel has grown so much. I know that we belong to the only true and living church on the earth today. I have seen miracles out here everyday.

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week. Wow. I feel like it just keeps getting better every time. I love how every time I read it I always get something different from it and learn more then I did the last time. My testimony really is based on the Book of Mormon. I know that anyone who really seeks to find out if it is true will find out for themselves by the power of the holy ghost.

I hope everyone is doing great back at home!

Love you all!!  Elder Gammell

Hah, I am not in church clothes because it is p-day.    
Elder Gammell and Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment