Monday, September 5, 2016

It Was A Great Week!

September 5, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

It was a great week. I did have a cold this whole week so that wasn't fun. Feeling a lot better so I'm really grateful for that. We had quite a few meetings this week so we were pretty busy preparing and setting up/taking down all of those. This next week we are going to have zone conference so that basically is our entire week. Zone conferences are always fun though. It's cool to get to see all the missionaries and bring everyone in for some training. So we are pretty pumped for that.

This last week we were able to meet with Sydney over Skype and we also got to stop in on Saturday night to talk for a bit. The Skype lesson was pretty sick. It was our first one and it went really well. It's so cool to see how we can still feel the spirit together even though we were clear on the other side of town. She is loving church and young women's. They are reading and praying every morning at 6:15 which is awesome! She is working towards baptism on October 29th. She has a cousin that is getting baptized on that day in Arizona so she is going to get baptized at the same time. It's going to be a little while and it's out of our mission just a ways but we are so happy for her. We hopefully will get to Skype in to see her get baptized. She is doing awesome!

Amiee is doing well too. She is working really hard to be baptized. It's been pretty tough to get our schedules to line up but we are hoping this next week to be able to see her a couple times.

We were able to go and throw the football around earlier today so that was sweet. It felt good to go out and run around for a couple hours. It's crazy when we pass all the high schools on Fridays and we see them playing. Glad I got my fill for the week haha.

It's been so cool to get to see the changes that the gospel has been able to make in so many lives of the people we meet out here. Especially my own. It was a pretty unique experience last week to be able to go back and clean up my account. It's amazing just how much I have I learned in the time I have been out here. I know I still have a lot more to go but it was cool to look back and see who I was before my mission and see how much more I understand about God's plan and his love for each of His children. Couldn't imagine where I would be and what I would be doing without this gospel. I know with all my heart that I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. There's a scripture that I have grown to love over the past few months in Mosiah 2:41. It tells us how if we keep the commandments that God has given us, He will bless us in our temporal and spiritual needs. Also through that obedience and Christ's atonement we are able to have eternal happiness and experience a fullness of joy. I'm not really sure I can comprehend what a fullness of joy is but it sounds pretty good to me.

Love you all!

Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment