Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Transfers We Stay Together But Split Zone From 28 to 16!

Part of the Sacramento Zone.  Missing one of our districts.
February 23, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

We had transfers this weekend. Elder Michie and I will be staying together for another transfer so I am really happy about that. We have learned a lot together and I know there is still more learning to do. So we will see what these next 7 weeks bring. The craziest part about transfers was that they split our zone. Before the split we had 28 missionaries and now we have 16. We loved having a big zone and we were really close to all the missionaries so it was weird to say bye to half of them. It's going to be a great change though.
Service project at the Sweet Potato Festival.

We haven't had very much luck over the past week. We are finding a lot of people who are semi interested, but it's been really tough finding people who will actually act on the commitments we leave. I think that has been one of the hardest parts of my mission. We get to know all of these people and they tell us they want to grow closer to their Heavenly Father and they recognize that the gospel will help, but they just won't give up a little bit of their time to read, pray, or come to church. It gets really frustrating sometimes. And it's not just the people who aren't members of the church. It's something that everyone struggles with. That's the trial of our faith. But I know that if we stay strong and trust in God, we receive a spiritual witness of His love for us and our testimonies are strengthened. We come out stronger than we even thought was possible.
Fijian home for sure, haha.

This week I made a goal for myself to really be seeking guidance from the spirit in all times. I am trying to become better at recognizing and acting on promptings as they come. I know that this next week will be a great one. Even though the work is tough sometimes there is still no other place I would want to be. I really do love being a missionary! Every day is a test but it's brought countless blessings to me.  



I love all of you!

Hope you each have a great week!

-Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment