Monday, October 31, 2016

Sydnea's Baptism Was Incredible!

Sydnea's Baptism
October 31, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Chillin in presidents office
Sydnea's baptism was incredible!! She had tons of support from her family, friends, and the ward. She was smiling the entire time. Her Grandpa flew out from Iowa to baptize her and that was so important for her. He served a mission just a few years ago so we had a good time talking with him. Sydnea bore a powerful testimony at her baptism of how thankful she was for the changes she felt and for all the people God brought into her life. Her family was zoned in on her and the spirit was definitely touching their hearts. It was awesome to see! Then our ward mission leader called me up randomly and had me bear my testimony to everyone because it is my last week in the ward. So I did and I am so thankful he let me do that. Overall it was a great baptism and we were all uplifted by the feelings we had there.

We spent a ton of time out in this mission with the other Elders. It was awesome being able to go and learn from so many of them. I spent some good time in a couple of the Spanish areas so that was awesome to be able to go out and teach in Spanish again. It's been a little while but I still was able to communicate and understand pretty well. Definitely not anywhere near where I was before but not too bad.
New companion Elder Carroll
We got our new companion Elder Carroll this week! He is an awesome Elder! He's from the Hawaiian islands and it's been fun having him with us this week. I wish I could stay and serve with him and Elder Schenk next transfer. We have worked so hard and seen some awesome things happening in our area as well as in the mission. It's pretty crazy that just as soon as you start getting the hang of things and you start to feel comfortable, that's when change is coming right around the corner. This past week has been such a great opportunity just to use what I've learned over these past two years and just work.

Costa Vida in Rancho
I really don't have too much I need to write about this week but I do want to express my gratitude to everyone who has supported me over these past two years. Your prayers have been felt not only by me but also by those that I have been able to teach. Thanks for the emails of support and encouragement. Care packages were always a treat as well. :) it's been such an amazing experience being able to serve the people here in Sacramento. This place will always have a special place in my heart. I know that God had my best interest in mind when he assigned me to come here. There have been so many people who have influenced my life for the better and experiences that have solidified and strengthened my testimony. It will break my heart to say goodbye but I know there are amazing things in store as I return home. I'm so excited to use the things I learned out here in my life as I move forward. I can say with all my heart that God lives. He knows us. I've seen his hand working for me and through me over and over. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. It's only through His Atonement that we can see progress and happiness in our lives. The Book of Mormon is true. It's blessed my life and brought me understanding. Joseph smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in a grove of trees in 1820. He was just a man that was called to do a great work.  I love this church and the Gospel.

See you all soon!

Love,


-Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment