Tuesday, October 4, 2016

General Conference Was Awesome!

October 3, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

General Conference was awesome! Spent a lot of time in our the stake center but they hours really did fly by. There was something in just about every single talk that really stuck out to me and I was able to get a lot out of them. I think my favorite one was Elder Holland's talk in the priesthood Session. He did a great job teaching us the principle of being a disciple of Christ through home teaching. It was definitely a call to repentance for a lot of people but it will be a good thing. If we can get past just filling the requirement and truly serve one another with love, everything changes and we are able to experience joy with those that God has entrusted us with. Made me excited to be a home teacher when I get home. I had some really good breakthroughs during conference of how I am going to continue my mission after it's over. Still a lot of work and learning to do.

We had several meetings this week with all the new missionaries. We have some team ups planned this upcoming week where we will be able to go out with them and do some work in their areas. Probably one of my favorite things to do is go out with the new missionaries. So cool to see the progress in each of them in such little time here. I always learn so much from going out with them so I excited for this week.

Sydnea is progressing really well. We set her baptismal date for October 29th so we are stoked for that! Probably will end up being one of the last baptisms on my mission. She is super excited and really has a desire to learn and understand the gospel. I think she gets frustrated sometimes because she wants to understand everything all at once but we had a great lesson over Skype yesterday with her where we talked a lot about how we really just need to focus on how we feel. We taught about the Holy Ghost and the experiences she has had when she has felt it in her life. We invited her to really focus on that over these next 4 weeks. Then we made some plans with her to help her learn as well. Seemed like it brought a lot of peace to her. She is really excited for the end of the month though. It will be such a huge blessing for her family. Hopefully her step dad will catch a little more interest over this next month. We will see. :)

Love you all! Thanks for all the prayers. Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment