Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Well We Had Transfers This Week!

Zone Breakfast at Annie's Diner
October 20, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Hey everyone! Well we had transfers this week. I had to say goodbye to Carmichael and all the great people I met there. I had such a great experience and I feel like I learned so much from my time there. It's always hard leaving an area that you love. Elder Ross was a great comp. We had a blast and we became great friends. Wish I could've served one more transfer with him but it's all good. One thing I have learned on my mission is that there is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone. So it will be good to have a change. This next transfer will definitely get me out of my comfort zone haha. I'm in East Sac now. I am back in Spanish work again! I have also been called to train two new missionaries. We will be shotgunning the area because none of us have served here before. So basically means we are starting everything over. It feels like a lot right now. Kind of overwhelming but I know who I am working for. Haha so I am excited to see what these next two transfers have in store. I don't have my new companions yet because they are flying in today. We will go to the mission office tomorrow morning to pick them up. It's going to be awesome.

Saying bye at the transfer meeting.
Last week was such a great week! Our investigator we found about a week and a half ago named Jill came to church on Sunday again. There couldn't have been a better Sunday to come to church. Our Stake President spoke on how to know God loves and cares for us. It was seriously one of the best talks I have heard in a sacrament meeting. Jill was listening so closely to what he was saying. Now here's the cool part. She pulled her father's wedding band out and was spinning it on her finger. She said as she was listening and looking at the ring she felt the strongest feeling come over her that everything she was hearing was true. It gave her goosebumps and she said she felt a relieving sense of peace and love. She said she has never felt the spirit that strong before. After the meeting we had to rush to go give the gospel principles lesson. We left her with our Bishop to talk for a little bit. After we came out of our lesson with her our Ward mission leader came up to us and told us some great news. He said that Jill told the bishop that she really wants to be baptized! Our jaws hit the floor haha! Elder Ross and I were so pumped. She had to leave church early so we didn't get to talk to her until later that night. When we saw her later the first thing she said was, "well did he tell you guys?" Haha. We talked to her and she told us about how she had talked to missionaries before and they shared their message and prayed for her in the streets but she never felt anything. But she said there was something very different about when we found her. She said after we left that day she couldn't stop thinking about what we told her. Then everything in her life started turning around. She was at her lowest and didn't know where to go. I think that's what prepared her to receive such a strong answer from our Heavenly Father at this time. She thanked us and told us how excited she was. Then we gave her a baptismal date for November 7th and she gladly accepted it! So that will be coming up soon! What a great way to end my time in Carmichael. Plus
right after that we went to a member's house and did a tri-tip eating challenge. Haha we beat it ;)
Last comp picture with Elder Ross.

I’m very excited for this upcoming transfer. It is going to stretch me quite a bit but I know it will help me grow. The scripture I pondered last week really helped me out. It's in D&C 101:16. It says, "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." I really like this scripture. It always gives me peace in knowing that God has a plan and if we trust in it everything will be ok. I think sometimes we make things harder on ourselves because we try to do everything on our own. He wants to help us. We just have to let him.

Thanks for all the love and support from back home.

Love you all!

~Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment