Monday, August 3, 2015

It Was Another Great Week!

Cooking some burgers with Elder Snow
August 3, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

It was another great week! Elder Wright and I are working together really well. He's a really good missionary. Too bad I'll only get one transfer with him because he is going home in September. That means we have to work extra hard to get him one or two more baptisms to finish off his mission strong. We have a couple people who are really close.

Temple tour with Remember
Remember Remember is doing great. We were able to go on a temple tour Saturday night. It was such a neat experience. He had a rough day right before the tour and was ready to just relax. We promised him that any stress or worry that he had would disappear while he was at the temple. So we got up to the temple and he was just staring at it. He was kind of quiet while we walked past it to the Mormon center. We started the tour with a video that kind of explained temple a little bit. Then we went outside and the tour guides talked baptisms for the dead, the angel Moroni, and eternal families. He was soaking it all in ha-ha. As we were making our way back to the chapel I asked him how he felt. He said he felt incredible and he didn't want anyone to take the peace that he felt away from him. Perfect answer. So anyway we finished up the tour and headed home. He was talking about how he couldn't wait to go to the temple after he is baptized. It made us all so happy to hear that. He has a lot of things holding him up but he is going to get their one step at a time.

We found some new people to teach this week. So we are hoping that we can catch them this week and teach a couple of lessons. I have also been able to use my Spanish a couple of times this week. Which is always cool for me. I miss Spanish work sometimes but I know that I am where I need to be.

This week I have been studying in Alma a little bit. I was reading about when Alma and Amulek are preaching the gospel together. They are so fearless and have such a love for the people around them. It's cool to see that even a prophet of the Lord get rejected sometimes. I think at times as missionaries sometimes we get down on ourselves because we blame rejection on ourselves. It's important to remember that they still have their agency even if they did feel something. Their time will come. That seed just needs some time to grow.

Have a great week!

Love,


Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment