Monday, July 13, 2015

The Weeks Are Just Blending Together


Playing some basketball with these two kids we met on the street the other day.   
July 13, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Can't believe it's p-day again. The weeks are just blending together.  This week was a good one though! We had a lot to do but we saw many blessings given to us.

So we started stage 2 of our iPads. Which means we have been entering all the information from our area books manually into the iPad. It takes FOREVER! We have to enter in their name, address, phone number, personal information, teaching history, and other stuff too. I am honestly not a fan of the iPads yet. I think once we are done with this part it will be better. Hopefully haha.

We had an awesome experience on Saturday morning! So we had a lesson in the morning with one of our investigators. It was kind of a tough lesson for us. He would not take in anything we were trying to teach him. So we left his house pretty frustrated. Then we went to the church to sync our iPads really quick. As we were sitting there a guy rolls up to the church on his bike. He walks up to the door and knocks. I walked over and let him in. Right away he asked us what time church started tomorrow. We told him 9 o'clock then as we talked with him he explained to us that he has been investigating the church for a while and had met with the missionaries where he lived before. He made some mistakes in his life recently and that's why he is living in Carmichael right now. He told us he wants to fix what he has done wrong and live a better life. He then told us that he would like to be baptized! We were in shock hah. We asked him what day he would like to set a goal to be baptized. He said, '"on July 22nd, my birthday." Then we were really in shock! That was like a week and a half away. So we explained to him that we would have to make sure he is ready and we would work with him to help him reach his goal of being baptized. It was so cool to see how he was guided right to us. If he had stopped by 5 minutes before or after that time, he would've missed us.  I learned that even though we might go through tough times, there is always a miracle around the corner. Heavenly Father is always mindful of his children and will put them in our path or put us in theirs.  Matt came to church yesterday which was awesome! Our bishop met with him for a while and called us later last night and told us that he has a lot of things he needs to work through so he probably won't be baptized that soon but he does have that desire to change and we are going to do our best to help him on his way.


Elder Gammell, Angelica, Jonathan, and Jesus
I had a great day on Saturday! I had the chance to go back to North Sacramento! I got a text a couple weeks ago that I was invited to go back because the kids wanted me to baptize them. I am so grateful I was able to be a part of that. The Ivarras are such an amazing family. The kids were smiling big and they all looked so happy. There was a great turnout from the ward. It was so cool to see all the members again. I love all the people there. It was cool to speak Spanish again too! I've missed it ha-ha. I really need to study my Spanish more so I don't lose it.

So many cool stories and experiences I wish I could share them all. So grateful I get to be out here serving a mission. It's blessed my life so much over the past 8 months. Wouldn't trade these things I've learned for anything.

Love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Gammell

No comments:

Post a Comment