Monday, March 2, 2015

This Week Was Kind Of Crazy!

March 2, 2015


Dear Family & Friends,

This week was kind of crazy!! One of the Elders we live with was in the shower and slipped somehow and hit his head. He got a pretty bad concussion and had to stay home all week and rest. So we had to take turns watching him. So tons of exchanges this week!!

I went on an exchange with the zone leader Elder Wendt. We went out to Lockeford and saw a girl that they had found. Her name was Elizabeth. It was kind of funny we were going in the backyard to teach her and they had a little bunny in a cage and it died right before we got there and they didn't know until we went back with them. Hah it was kind of funny. They just bought it like 2 days before. They were like oh well.  Anyway, she had so many great questions for us and she told us that she knows the book of Mormon is true. We taught her the plan of salvation and it went so good. At the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized and she said yes. Then the spirit just came over all of us and she started crying. That was the confirmation to her that baptism is the right step for her. It was so awesome!

This Sunday was amazing!! I think it might be one of the best fast and testimony meetings I have been in. Everyone that got up had the most powerful testimonies. You have to fight to bear your testimony here in the Spanish ward. Right as the president says the time is now yours everyone rushes up the front!!  I have never seen anything like it before.

My Spanish is getting a lot better!! I am working so hard to listen carefully to native speakers and speak as much as I can. It will be a great day when I am fluent in Spanish!!

Everyone look up this quote or story. Its called A Man, A Rock, and the
Lord or something like that. Its a great motivation and boosts me every time I read it.

Love you all!! Talk to ya next week!!


Elder Gammell



No comments:

Post a Comment