Tuesday, February 10, 2015

We Had A Baptism This Week And It Was Amazing!

February 10, 2015

Elder Gammell, Elder Mortensen, Elder Padillas,
Marina, Maria and ?
    
Dear Family & Friends,

We had a baptism this week!!! It was amazing. Her name is Marina. She is the short lady towards the middle of us. The Elder in the middle is Elder Mortensen. He was Elder Padillas last companion and taught her one or two times then got transferred. But he wanted to jump in the picture. Hah. The spirit was really strong at the baptism. She was so happy!! Then on Sunday I got to confirm her a member in Sacrament Meeting. Everyone told me my Spanish is improving really fast so that is good hah.

We have some really good investigators. Jorge the gang member I have talked about a few times has a daughter named Janelle. She is 11 years old and she wants to be baptized!!  So we have been teaching her and she is starting to understand. We want Jorge to baptize her so he is working with our Branch President to get the priesthood so he can do that. We are really excited for them!

Maria is another one. She is actually Marina’s daughter. She is in the picture. She had a baptismal date and then stopped coming to church. She is kind of shy and didn't like church too much. But we have been befriending her with the young women in the ward and she finally had a good time at church this last Sunday!! So hopefully we will be able to baptize her soon!!!

Any ways everything is going great. Can't believe I have made it through my first whole transfer!! I am still in Lodi with Elder Padilla. By the way, everyone is telling me that the first one is the longest too. I sure hope not because that was too fast!

Love you all!!!

Elder Gammell



No comments:

Post a Comment