Monday, January 26, 2015

Good Week Last Week!

January 26, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

We had a new missionary meeting on Tuesday with the Mission President. It was awesome!! They talked to us about being better at planning and how to better prepare ourselves for the day. We also talked about the Atonement and how to best use it in our teaching. I learned so much.

I am finally starting to get to know everyone and people are getting more comfortable with me. It is nice to kind of be able to get to know them and show my personality a little bit more. I have met so many nice people here. It's awesome!

Umm last week we started talking to this guy named Jorge. He has had a rough life. He has been a member his entire life but fell away when he was 11 because he got into gangs and drugs. He actually was a gang leader here in Lodi! But just a while ago his wife left him and he spent time in jail.  He came to church two weeks ago and came and talked to us. He wants to turn his life around and knows this is his last chance. He has tried going to other churches in his life and has never felt the same in any church but ours. He is such a cool guy we have visited him and he is going to turn his life around. We know it!

The gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families so much!! It helps strengthen relationships and gives us guidance in our everyday trials. I know that the message I am sharing with people will change their lives if they choose to accept and live it. I love the work we are doing out here.

That's about it for this week. I have a lot more, but no time to type it all out.

Love you all!!! Thanks for the love and support!


Elder Gammell



No comments:

Post a Comment